Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Resting in the Lord

WOW! What a busy few weeks I have had! Bible school ended with a bang and my Teenagers even participated in the closing ceremony! They are such good sports! We ended Bible School Thursday and then after a few hours of sleep most of the kids in my class plus a few more got up @ 4am to serve breakfast at a homeless shelter. I love to see their dedication and willing sprits! They were definitely taking to heart all of our discussions about serving the Lord by serving others! I'm so proud and thankful for a great week with a great group of kids!

Now did I mention that after the 4am wake up call and cooking and serving breakfast we went to Holiday World after that??? For those of you who may not have heard of Holiday World, its a theme park! It was a long and tiring day but we had a really great time!

I don't know about the kids but the rest of my weekend was super full and now I am trying to take advantage of every free moment to rest up. A verse that I found that gives me hope and rest is in Psalm:

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1 & 2


Isn't it amazing to know that he is a fortress for us that we, even on our weariest of days, are protected by a God who loves us unconditionally. This verse is so empowering, he is our salvation!!! "I will NEVER be shaken" This is something that I need to remind myself of everyday. It is so easy in our lives to be swayed one way or another especially if we are going on 2 hrs of sleep or in a cranky sleepy mood. At these times in our lives we need to dig into the word to find strength and encouragement and rest!

Well gearing up for another full week next week, its Church Camp Time!!!!! Please pray most importantly that we see campers develop and grow their relationships with God and also for a safe and fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment