Sunday, July 25, 2010

School preparation is drawing to a close while Camp begins!

I just arrived home from the first night of Church Camp and I so wish I could spend the night but I must go to work tomorrow, but hopefully 1 o'clock will come fast tomorrow so I can scoot right back to camp!

School preparations have been very frustrating with loan applications and MPN's and what not... to me its been quite a struggle, but God has brought me through it! I only have a few minor things now and I am SO RELIEVED!!! Praise God!!! Getting ready for SEMO might be worse than actually going there... I'll let you know later after I've started classes! But boy am I glad that I can talk to God about my frustrations and I love how His word gives comfort, He says that He has "plans to give me a future and a hope"! WOW WEE! Not only has God brought me through SEMO preparation but this is also my last week of my online class!

So with the end of all the school stuff comes my favorite part of summer.... Church Camp!! There are a TON of kids this year and we have already felt the spiritual warfare going on, Satan is not happy. So I'm thinking something really great is gonna happen this week or he wouldn't be trying to get us down!

So as I said there are a ton of kids and most of them are girls! The younger girls cabin actually overflowed into our older girls cabin. We feel that its a pretty good problem to have! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this week and I pray that we would learn more about what it is to live like Jesus. I came across this verse and this is my prayer for the campers as well as faculty this week:

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8 & 9


Love!

1 comment:

  1. We have a scripture song cd with this verse on it! My girls have it memorized!! What a wonderful scripture to store in our hearts!!

    ReplyDelete